Getting to Hack UCSC
The location of Hack UCSC is at Porter Dining Hall at University of California, Santa Cruz (Google Maps linked here). You can start lining up for registration before 8:30 pm on Friday, Jan 20.
Parking at Hack UCSC
If you need parking for Hack UCSC, you should have received a general email on Sunday, Jan 15 that included parking details. If you have not received this email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org right away.
Taking the Public Bus to Hack UCSC
If you are planning to take the Santa Cruz Metro bus to Hack UCSC (Please visit the Santa Cruz Metro site for fare information), take the buses that are numbered 10, 15, 16, 19 or 20 from the Santa Cruz Metro Station (Schedule linked here). You will get off the stop for UCSC - Rachel Carson College & Porter. Walk up the hill opposite of the Rachel Carson College sign and follow the path. Turn left at the koi pond and up the stairs is Porter Dining Hall.
What to Bring to Hack UCSC?
You MUST bring a photo ID (school ID, driver's license, passport etc) to the Hack UCSC registration in order to receive your Hack UCSC badge. This badge will be used to get food, enter workshops etc.
Other recommended items to bring:
- Your own laptop/charger
- Sleeping bag and/or pillows/blankets
- Umbrella/Raincoat (As it may rain that weekend)
- Headphones (For when you need to concentrate on hacking)
- Notepads and pens (or even a whiteboard-for brainstorming!)
- A big backpack to keep all your things together
- Toiletries such as toothbrush/toothpaste and deodorant
- A water bottle and small snacks (Food/drinks will be provided at event.)